The NC State Bar Board of Legal Specialization is accepting applications now through July 1, 2015. Board certification provides a great way to enhance your career. Certification is granted by the Board of Legal Specialization and assists members of the public to identify lawyers who are experienced and knowledgeable in their area of legal need. The program also seeks to improve the competency of members of the bar by establishing an additional incentive for lawyers to continue to learn and grow in their practice areas.
Board certification recognizes experience, knowledge and professional reputation and allows a lawyer to communicate his/her specialty to the public.
The minimum requirements for certification in any specialty are:
(1) licensed and in good standing to practice law in North Carolina;
(2) substantially involved in the practice area for a minimum of five years;
(3) continuing legal education credits in the specialty area during the three years prior to application;
(4) satisfactory showing of qualification in the specialty through peer review
(5) satisfactory score on a written examination in the specialty practice area.
The application may be downloaded from the State Bar’s website: http://www.nclawspecialists.gov/forms.asp . For more information about the program, please contact Denise Mullen at 919-828-4620 or email@example.com.